Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Selective Myopia

The vacuum cleaner stands at the end of the hall, remaining hopeful . . . plugged in, but not touched for days. The dust bunnies scatter as I walk by. I dig out a bill to pay and the pile of children's art, saved newspapers and various coupons slides off the counter.

One month as a working mom. One month of dust and clutter. At what point will I have the energy to deal with it all? I walk through the house with blinders on, trying to ignore the mess. If I can't see it, it doesn't exist . . . I just blur my eyes until they can rest on my computer and I can relax. Just want to sit on the couch and blog . . .

2 comments:

  1. I'd rather you sit on the couch and blog. It's a form of mental housekeeping. Very important and often neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the good news is that many of your friends also suffer from selective myopia.

    ReplyDelete