Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Black lipstick and pink ribbons

Nothing makes girls happier than lipstick and ribbons. I don't mean to sound sexist or be giving in to stereotypes, but living with 3 little girls has taught me more than I care to know about shrieks of girl-happiness. Today I bought the black lipstick LittleBug wants to go with her witch costume. Of course both LittleBug and LadyBug, her twin, wanted to try it on. Now I have two 4 year olds who look like they are 20 heading out for a rave. Flash forward, perhaps?

Ladybug is going to be a ballerina, all in pink, for halloween. Now she insist that in addition to the pink satin ribbons I bought to "lace up" her ankles, she must also have black lipstick. Ever seen a ballerina with black lipstick?

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember ever being into makeup, but my daughter can't get enough of it. Recently, she and my niece were playing with my niece's play makeup kit. My niece put blush on her cheeks, eyeshadow on her eyelids and lipstick on her lips. My daughter put eyeshadow on her upper lip, blush on her eyelids, lipstick on her chin. Hmmmm...who's mom do you think wears makeup?

    Zombie ballerina--quite possibly the best Halloween costume ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great, Danya! Lipstick on her chin...I love it!

    ReplyDelete